I just returned from a trip to Florida with Kevin Eikenberry and the rest of our team. I’ll definitely be writing more about my experiences there. For the moment, I am enjoying being back with my family and trying to get a little rest.
Today is a pretty special day, though.
It’s Kevin Eikenberry’s 49th birthday.
I woke up with the idea to write a blog post especially for him. I also thought that it would be fun to see if I could have at least 49 of his many fans to comment here with birthday wishes. Will you help me make it happen? (I would also love to push his Facebook fan page past the 1000 mark. If you can help with that, I would be grateful!)
49 is a cool age. And 49 is the perfect square of 7. So, here are seven of the things I most appreciate about Kevin:
- He does everything on purpose. I admire the way Kevin is intentional in all he does. If he’s doing something, there’s a reason for it.
- He lives out his own leadership ideals. One of the reasons I loved From Bud to Boss so much is that I have seen both Kevin and Guy live out the suggestions from the book as they lead others.
- He is generous in sharing all he has with others. I have benefited from Kevin’s generosity and I have seen his incredible generosity toward others. He shares everything: his time, his knowledge, his expertise, his connections, his books. At the conference we just attended, I returned to the our booth just after he had given a book to a woman who was deeply moved by the gift. Kevin later said that sharing those moments of encouragement with her were THE BEST part of his day.
- He is unwaveringly positive and upbeat. If you have ever asked Kevin how he is, you’ll know that he always answers with an enthusiastic, meaningful reply.
- He loves others deeply. On my first trip to Indianapolis, I went out for dinner with Kevin and his wife. As they shared with me about their children and other family members I saw two things: their connection and closeness with each other and their loving commitment to their extended family. I see Kevin live out his love for his team, as well. Every day, without fail.
- He expresses appreciation for others and recognizes people for their contributions. He knows it’s the right thing to do and he does it. He is always looking for the ways to encourage others.
- He believes in possibilities. I love to see Kevin’s excitement when he has a new idea or makes a new connection. He believes anything is possible! Even more, I love the way he believes in people and their potential to make a difference. (I also especially love that he believes in me… and regularly tells me so.)
Thank you for helping me celebrate Kevin. Share your birthday wishes with Kevin here. Don’t forget to go like his Facebook fan page if you haven’t done so already. And go eat some cake or something!