Weaving Influence, a leader in providing services and partnering with authors and thought leaders to grow their online influence and market their books is looking for an energetic, conscientious, and detail-oriented Public Relations Lead who enjoys making a difference, being a part of a team, and takes pride in their career.
Work Hours and Location – This is a part-time, remote, contract position. The compensation is hourly.
Reporting Relationship – This position reports to the Director of Public Relations of Weaving Influence. You will work with an inter-disciplinary team, with primary work focused on pitching clients to media for coverage in articles or interviews.
The Successful Candidate – The ideal candidate is a skilled writer who is able to write creatively and succinctly for pitching media as well as a ghost writer for clients. The candidate must also demonstrate a commitment to creative thinking as it relates to developing story angles for clients, organization when scheduling media opportunities, promptness in responding to media and client inquiries, alertness to media trends, and dedication to serving clients and their best interests well. This person will need to become proficient in using our news distribution service and project management system.
In order to be successful, the candidate must possess the following qualities: able to work with both in-person and virtual team, work independently, self-starter, initiative, high degree of ownership, and the willingness and ability to seek out needed information.
- Effectively manage multiple clients simultaneously.
- Communicate with the WI team about their efforts, wins, client needs using our project management system.
- Respond quickly to HARO/Profnet (media) queries and client needs.
- Write succinctly and creatively to grab media’s attention.
- Stay abreast of the news to “newsjack” news stories for clients.
- Deal effectively with different personalities, skill levels, and knowledge levels.
- Consistently manage all resources required for a project to ensure timely, quality delivery of services
- Public relations tasks as assigned, including but not limited to writing press releases, reading client books, writing pitches, developing media pitch list, developing media pitch angles/interview topics, pitching media and following up with media, responding to media/HARO/ProfNet queries, ghost writing articles for media, prepping clients ahead of media interviews, writing letters to go with galley/book copies and book requests.
- Update PR Director weekly on your pitching progress and efforts in serving clients.
- Partner with book launch and microsite team members to ensure work progresses in a timely manner and with high quality results.
- Communicate with clients in a way that builds their relationship with and confidence in the Weaving Influence team.
- Utilize our existing systems and processes as designed.
- Offer constructive feedback for how we can continue to improve.
- Ensure the CEO and the Directors have the information and support they need from you.
- Be accountable for and hold others accountable for living our core values in interactions with each other, our clients, and our strategic partners.
- Engage and interact with both in-person and virtual team members, utilizing team instant-message channels and regular meetings.
- Must be proficient in commonly used social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and LinkedIn).
- Ability to be proficient in using BaseCamp and Meltwater/Cision.
- Must have proficiency in using Google Drive and Microsoft Office.
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE
- The job requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, communications, journalism, English, or the equivalent, relevant work experience.
- The successful candidate will also have 1-2 years professional experience in using public relations strategically in a business setting.
Fill out this form: https://goo.gl/forms/1gV54rXjdP0Y5Kh73.