Weaving Influence, a leader in providing services and partnering with authors and thought leaders to grow their online influence and market their books is looking for an energetic, conscientious, and detail-oriented Social Media Project Lead who enjoys making a difference, being a part of a team, and takes pride in their career.
Work Hours and Location – This is a part-time, remote, contract position. The compensation is hourly.
Reporting Relationship – This position reports to the Director of Social Strategy of Weaving Influence. You will work with an inter-disciplinary team, with primary work focused on social media community management.
The Successful Candidate – The ideal candidate is a skilled writer and communicator with diverse audiences, and well versed in current social media communication techniques and metrics. The candidate must also demonstrate a commitment to staying abreast of and experimenting with new developments, technologies, tools and techniques related to social media marketing. In addition, the ideal candidate will be proficient in the WordPress blogging platform. In order to be successful, the candidate must possess the following qualities: able to work with both in-person and virtual team, work independently, self-starter, initiative, high degree of ownership, and the willingness and ability to seek out needed information.
- Effectively manage multiple (1-12), diverse projects simultaneously.
- Deal effectively with different personalities, skill levels, and knowledge levels.
- Consistently manage all resources required for a project to ensure timely, quality delivery of services.
- Write quality social content that sparks engagement and helps develop client thought leadership platforms.
- Discover, experiment with and integrate the use of new technologies, mobile and web based, to continue to improve our ability to deliver results to our clients.
- Social media implementation tasks as assigned, including but not limited to uploading blog posts, editing blog posts, writing social media content and content calendars, scheduling social media content, engaging on client social media channels, writing email marketing communications and website copy, and using email marketing tools.
- Gather social media metrics and work with Director of Social Strategy to create weekly and monthly reports of progress toward goals.
- Partner with book launch and microsite team members to ensure work progresses in a timely manner and with high quality results.
- Write copy, proofread and edit copy for Mailchimp email marketing blasts and set up as needed.
- Identify media articles to add to client’s press page and/or microsite as applicable and assign updates appropriately.
- Monitor keywords for use in increasing engagement on client social media channels.
- Communicate with clients in a way that builds their relationship with and confidence in the Weaving Influence team.
- Utilize our existing systems and processes as designed.
- Offer constructive feedback for how we can continue to improve.
- Ensure the CEO and the Directors have the information and support they need from you.
- Be accountable for and hold others accountable for living our core values in interactions with each other, our clients, and our strategic partners.
- Engage and interact with both in-person and virtual team members, utilizing team instant-message channels and regular meetings.
- Must be proficient in commonly used social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and LinkedIn).
- Must have proficiency in using Google Drive and Microsoft Office.
Education & Work Experience
- The job requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, communications, journalism, English, or the equivalent, relevant work experience.
- The successful candidate will also have 1-2 years professional experience in using social media strategically in a business setting.
If you’re interested, click here to apply.