Social Media Specialist
Work Hours and Location – We are currently seeking to fill a full-time social media specialist employee position. However, we are open to part-time and contractor arrangements for the right candidate. Remote work is available for this position. The compensation is hourly.
Reporting Relationship – This position reports to the Social Media Marketing Manager and works with an interdisciplinary team with primary work focused on social media community management for a variety of clients.
The Successful Candidate – The ideal candidate is a skilled writer and communicator with diverse audiences and is well versed in current social media communication techniques and metrics. The candidate must demonstrate a commitment to staying abreast of and experimenting with new developments, technologies, tools, and techniques related to social media marketing. In addition, the ideal candidate will be proficient in the WordPress blogging platform.
In addition to being a self-starter who takes a high degree of ownership and initiative, the successful candidate must possess the ability to work with colleagues both in-person and virtually, work independently with little supervision, and seek out needed information.
- Effectively manage multiple and diverse projects simultaneously.
- Deal effectively with different personalities, skill and knowledge levels.
- Consistently manage all resources required for a project to ensure timely delivery of quality services.
- Write high-quality social media content that sparks engagement and helps develop the clients’ thought leadership platforms.
- Discover, experiment with, and integrate the use of new mobile and web based technologies as they are developed to continue to improve our ability to deliver results to our clients.
- Social media implementation tasks as assigned, including but not limited to:
- uploading and editing blog posts in WordPress
- creating editorial content calendars
- writing and scheduling social media content
- creating graphics for social media
- engaging professionally on client social media channels
- writing email marketing communications and utilizing email marketing tools to set up and send marketing blasts, newsletters, etc.
- writing website copy
- Gather social media metrics and work with the Social Media Marketing Manager or Account Marketing Manager to create weekly and monthly reports of progress toward goals.
- Partner with other team members to ensure work progresses in a timely manner with high quality results.
- Research and recommend hashtags for increasing engagement on client social media channels.
- Communicate with clients in a way that builds their confidence in the Weaving Influence team.
- Utilize our existing systems and processes as designed while offering constructive feedback for improvements.
Team building Responsibilities
- Ensure your colleagues and leaders of the company have the information they need from you to have confidence that your work is being completed timely, accurately, and with a high level of quality..
- Be accountable for and hold others accountable for living our core values in interactions with each other, our clients, and our strategic partners.
- Engage and interact with both in-person and virtual team members utilizing team instant-message channels and regular meetings.
- Must be proficient in commonly used social media channels including, but not limited to Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Must be proficient in using Google Drive, Docs, Sheet, and Slides as well as the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with WordPress, MailChimp, Hubspot, Canva, and Basecamp preferred.
Education and work experience
- Must have earned or be pursing a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, communications, journalism, English, or the equivalent, relevant work experience.
- One to two years of professional experience using social media strategically in a business setting.