You can build your author platform, launch a book, and sell more copies even if you don’t have a publicist…all in 20 minutes a day.
The Book Marketing Action Guide is a 4-phase video-based course designed to walk you through the process of marketing your book and building your influence.
Are you an author or aspiring author who cares about your book and wants to see it make a difference?
Do you love writing, but find the whole prospect of marketing your book overwhelming and confusing? You may have spent hours researching online, but still feel totally unclear about what exactly you need to do to launch and market your book.
You might even be hoping that once your book is written, your work is complete and sales will flood in.
Unfortunately, that’s not likely to happen . . . without a little help.
Every year, almost 1,000,000 new books are published in the United States alone, and most of them never sell more than 250 copies in their first year.
But what if you had a way to cut through the noise and actually sell your book and reach the exact people you wrote it for?
- If you want to focus the majority of your time on your craft and minimum time on book marketing (how does 20 minutes a day sound?) . . .
- If you know your book could make a difference, if only you could reach the right audiences . . .
- If you are motivated and ready to take charge of your book marketing, and quit wasting time trying to figure the whole thing out . . .
You need a proven, step-by-step guide that will tell you exactly how to market your book, and what to do when.
- Sell enough books to fund your writing, and then some. Do you dream of retiring from your profession and focusing solely on your writing? Or perhaps you want your book to supplement your work and help you grow in your career? A successful book launch and marketing strategy is the only way to get there.
- Truly make an impact with the people who want and need your book. Let’s face it, you may know the exact audience that needs your book, but have no idea how to reach them. With a proven, step-by-step guide, you can learn how to find these audiences, connect with them, and inspire them to buy your books and engage with you.
- Boost your core business and author platform. Many authors have goals beyond just selling books—and you probably do too. Are you interested in becoming an authority in your field, getting invited to speak and teach about the material in your book? Are you trying to boost your core business by publishing a book? With properly executed book marketing, your book can be your best tool for achieving your biggest goals.
- Feel proud to show your book to the world. Writing a book is a long and tedious process, and you may have second-guessed yourself. Or perhaps your colleagues, employees, spouse, family, and friends humored you as you wrote your book, but never really expected it to go anywhere. No matter what you endured while writing your book, you can proudly show your book and its success to the world with a well-executed book launch and strategy.
- Set the stage for your next book launch or future writing projects to be an even bigger success. If you are self-published, increase the chances that your book will get picked up by a publisher. Publishers want to see that their authors have an audience that they can effectively market to. If you have a publisher, set yourself up for future deals that pay you more profit and give you more control over your books. Regardless of where you are now, once you have created and built a successful author platform, you will be able to launch more books to greater audiences that trust you and your work in the future.
Unfortunately . . .
There is so much information about book marketing on the internet, but nothing that gives you the exact, concrete steps to take.
This leaves you stuck—and you’re not alone.
Are any of these holding you back?
- Long-term marketing strategy: You may know how to create some excitement when the book actually launches, but what about 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6 months before launch? What about 6 months after? How do you build up momentum and keep it going?
- Conflicting messages about social media: You’ve created a Facebook group, an email list, and a Twitter account, but nothing is really resulting in sales. It’s not your fault—although so many articles want us to think that simply posting on these platforms can bring big success, they don’t do much on their own, but only when used as part of a proven system (that we’ve tested and perfected over 8 years).
- Tech overwhelm: Do you need a website? Just a one-pager? How about a store on your website? There are so many types of websites out there . . . how do you figure out which type will best serve your book and how to actually create it (without being a tech whiz)?
- Reaching the right people: You know that there are so many people out there who would want to read your book . . . but have no idea how to reach them.
The Book Marketing Action Guide is a comprehensive 4-phase course that is designed to help authors build their platforms, launch or re-launch their books, and get their books to the audiences they were written for.
Our book launch system includes detailed steps for each of the four phases:
Start with our author platform-building strategy.
Beat the tech overwhelm with step-by-step instructions for creating your home online (your website).
Time to kick into action…
Your book launch week is here!
Your book launch is over—but your book’s reach is not!
Phase 1: Building
Start with our author platform-building strategy.
Phase 2: Working
Time to kick into action…
Prior to your day of training, you’ll prepare for our sessions by:
Writing about your brand and reflecting on the value you hope to bring others through your online presence / business.
Identifying your goals for using digital marketing tactics.
Sharing your past (best and worst) marketing activities and experiences.
Ranking topics in order of your interest to influence the amount of time we spend on various topics. (Extra 60-minute webinar if we don’t get to everything!)
Sharing any big questions so we can add them to our agenda.
By the end of the two days, you’ll be equipped with:
An understanding of the most important marketing activities you can do to fuel your book launch and reach more readers.
A plan for marketing your book from your website.
A general book marketing timeline.
An elevator pitch for talking about your book to your identified target audiences.
Guidance and best practices for using social media channels.
Your brand, positioning, value, goals, target audiences — including small group interaction to refine your ideas and share/articulate them with others.
1:15 – 1:45 | Website Conversation
A brief look at what’s most critical for your website and online presence, looking at some examples of effective websites.
Overall introduction to content marketing, repurposing content, channels, and finding your center (blogs, videos, podcasts, books, articles, case studies, ebooks, interviews).
Overall introduction to social media marketing.
Deep dive on LinkedIn.
Growing and cultivating a permission-based email list.
Earned media can be a powerful way to build awareness for your book. We’ll talk about seeking media opportunities through articles, interviews, and podcasts and how these can contribute to your book marketing efforts.
1:45 – 2:30 | Virtual Events
Video, webinars, and other virtual events and how they can add to marketing efforts.
Network mobilization, launch teams, Amazon review campaigns, and bulk buys.
3:45 – 4:15 | General Book Marketing Timeline
We’ll talk through a timeline of what to expect on your author journey and the key milestones you want to plan for as you approach launch.
4:15 – 5:00 | Commitments
Making commitments to a Digital Marketing Strategy (Optimal vs Minimal). What will you do as a result of today? How will you measure success? What are your long-term investments?
Join the most successful people and learn from the best.
About Becky Robinson
Becky Robinson is the Founder and CEO of Weaving Influence, a full-service marketing agency that specializes in digital and integrated marketing services and public relations for book authors, including business leaders, coaches, trainers, speakers, and thought leaders. Since launching more than nine years ago, under Becky’s leadership, the firm has provided a wide range of services to help clients launch more than 150 books, enabling authors to build their brands, acquire more business customers, and increase book sales. In April 2022, Becky is publishing her first book with Berrett-Koehler Publishers titled, Reach: Create the Biggest Possible Audience for Your Message, Book, or Cause. Becky holds an M.A. in Intercultural Studies from Wheaton College and received her B.A. in English/Creative Writing from Miami University.