In the past, I have used this Featured on Friday segment to introduce you to various members of the Weaving Influence team, including Megan, Amy, and Rachel. It’s as fun for me to do these posts as it is (I hope!) for you to read them. As I’ve mentioned before, while we work as a team, we are scattered far and wide and few of us have actually met in person. When we do talk, it’s usually about work-related stuff and we’re on the clock, not leaving much room for personal anecdotes.
As I read through the answers I received to my questions this week, I was reminded that I should stop talking so much and ask more questions – you can learn a lot about a person if you will simply listen. With that being said, it’s my honor to introduce you to one of our newer implementers…
Meet Christy Vaupel
- I live in Sylvania, OH but grew up in Cleveland, OH. I moved here last year to be with my then fiancé, now husband :). We met in College at Bowling Green State University where I got my degree in Public Relations and made many wonderful memories. I am the oldest of five children and I LOVE having a big family.
- I started working for WI the day after I returned from my honeymoon! It has been an absolute blessing and I love everything I have learned and been able to contribute in the short time I have been there. I look forward to being a part of this company for many years to come!
- Because I also work part time nannying, I love how flexible this job has been. I love that I look forward getting to work every day and that i’m able to do the majority of it from home. I live about twenty minutes from our CEO, Becky Robinson, so it has also been nice to get personal direct training from her!
- I love exploring new things. Whether it be a new restaurant, city, book, movie – whatever, I enjoy learning and discovering new things!
- As I stated previously, I also work part time nannying. The family I nanny for goes to the same church as Becky and they knew each other that way. Tricia, knowing I was looking for a job in my field, got me in contact with Becky which led me to my current position. I am so thankful for the opportunity and it just goes to show how God truly does work in mysterious ways.
- I got married about 3 months ago. I met my husband in college where we shared a marketing class together. I had mistaken him for a friend and embarrassingly ran up to him with a joyful, “Hi! HOW ARE YOU?!” He answered with a puzzled, “Good, how are you?” Needless to say it was awkward, but a few years later, ultimately led us to MARRIAGE!
Thanks for helping us get to know you a bit more, Christy!