On June 28, 2012, just under two months after I started working with Becky, I wrote a post for Weaving Influence in which I shared how practicing daily gratitude had changed my outlook on life. If you follow my personal blog, you know that every Friday I write a post about thankfulness. If we were friends on Facebook, then you would know that every day that I am online, I use my status to give thanks for something (I use the hashtag #iamthankful). The bottom line is that gratitude has changed me as a person, causing me to recognize that I am enormously blessed.
As we head into the Thanksgiving week and busy holiday season, I’ve asked several members of our Weaving Influence team to share a few things they are grateful for. It looks like we are a team who is thankful for our families, our jobs, and our coffee!
- Christy B. I am thankful for my father. We were told three times this year that he wasn’t going to make it. I’m grateful for every moment I get with him. And for my beautiful son who never ceases to amaze me. He’s got the best heart and I want to grow up to be just like him.
- Rachael D. I’m thankful for healthy children, God’s provisions for our family, and a wonderful job that is accommodating with a busy family.
- Joanna J. I am thankful for new life (baby due soon!), for health, and for God’s provisions, including our new house after 5 years of living the apartment life! I’m also thankful for Chick-fil-A, pumpkin spice lattes, and Bluebell ice cream.
- Amy D. I am thankful for the blessings God has given me in my husband and children, for work that is flexible, fulfilling and fun, and for the opportunities I have to serve others through volunteer work and caregiving. And donuts. I’m very thankful for donuts!
- Elizabeth J. I’m thankful for a husband who faithfully loves me, the power of encouraging words, the unique beauty of each season, and COFFEE!
- Megan C. I’m thankful for my husband, Frank – amazing, good looking, smart, and my very best friend. A loving God who is always there for me, and His creation, in particular, my pets – they add to our lives and make us smile. And Brooke’s Running Shoes – can’t run without them!
- Becky R. I am thankful for mentors/coaches who see, support, and encourage my journey, for opportunities to make a difference, and for a tremendous team of dedicated people who bring their best to serve our clients; and I’m grateful for a supportive husband and wonderful kids who make it all possible! More? I’m thankful for peanut M&Ms, dark chocolate covered pomegranates, and mochas.
- Amanda H. I am thankful for my hardworking husband! He works long hard hours to provide for our family. I am thankful that even though I have 2 special need kids my family is pretty healthy, for 2 jobs that I love, my aunts who help me out all of the time, and for all 3 of my kids.
- Rachel R. I am thankful for my family (they keep my life fun & exciting), my church (they keep me centered), and extra hold mousse (I’d look like a lion without it).
And me? What would make my thankfulness list today?
- Carrie K. I am grateful for my faith, without which I could not get through life, and my husband, who is an incredible gift to me. I’m thankful to be blessed with a supportive family, good books, the opportunity to travel, and God’s financial provision through good jobs. And, if you know me online or in real life, it should be no surprise that I am also thankful for pumpkins, coffee, and Dunkin’ Donuts!
As we head into the rush of the holidays, I encourage you to take time out each day to give thanks for the blessings in your life. It may be good health, it may be good medical care. It might be time spent with family, or it might be extra large cups of coffee to help you make it through family functions! Whatever it is, count your blessings today, and every day.