It’s not often you get to spend a day with 1,000 women in the same room. It’s especially not often you get to spend a day with 1,000 driven, career-focused INSPIRING women in the same room! This was the case for me during last week’s 2015 Indiana Conference for Women.
I attended #ICW15 representing Weaving Influence as a Social Media Ambassador — sounds fancy, right? As a Social Media Ambassador, I was assigned to live tweet and promote conversation during keynotes and breakout sessions featuring iconic women in the industry. All while hash-tagging #ICW15.
The energy during #ICW15 was empowering and radiated a sense of camaraderie among attendees and speakers alike. Women across generations, at all stages in their careers, could be found sharing stories and dancing to the Beyoncé songs played over the loudspeakers. The girl power was exuberant.
The thought-provoking sessions were the highlight of the conference. Business leaders such as Kathy Ireland and Sallie Krawcheck shared stories of failure, success, and strategy that left the audience inspired. Authors and thought leaders taught valuable skills anywhere from mastering the “Politics of Promotion” with Bonnie Marcus, to Jennifer Kahnweiler’s enlightening advice on developing successful introvert/extrovert partnerships.
Everyone could take something away from the #ICW15, and I highly recommend attending next year’s event.
Here are a few of my favorite takeaways from the event! Click each quote to share on Twitter.
- “Failure and success are not end points, they are the steps along the way.” @SallieKrawcheck #ICW15
- “Allow people to refute you, but not dismiss you.” @kathyireland @inconfwomen #ICW15
- “You’ve got to compete with a lot of men because we live in a world that was widely shaped by men.” @inconfwomen #ICW15
- “Our failures and successes should not define us, they should not be our identities.” @kathyireland @inconfwomen #ICW15
- “Our unique difference is our strength that we bring to the table. Embrace our difference!” @BethBrooke_EY @inconfwomen #ICW15
- “There is no longer just one seat at the table for women.” @SallieKrawcheck @inconfwomen #ICW15
- “Seek to be worth knowing, not to be well known.” @repucareCEO @debcstephens @inconfwomen #ICW15
- “There is power in friendship and opposites connecting.” @JennKahnweiler @inconfwomen #ICW15
- “Find people who will support you and realize you can build allies through the organization.” #PoliticsOfPromotion #ICW15 @selfpromote
- “We are a team and NOT competition.” #GirlsRule #ICW15 @inconfwomen
Tell me something! Have you ever attended the Indiana Conference for Women?