I got sidetracked from my writing this morning, but I don’t want to end the week without adding to my thankfulness list, so here we go.
This week I am thankful for:
31. New hands pitching in. With some changes on our team lately (more about this next week), I decided to add a “crew” of subcontractors to our mix, folks who can step in and help intermittently on projects but who may not be working constantly with our Weaving Influence team. It’s a chance for us to get to know some new people, help them understand how we work on behalf of clients, and prepare for future growth. You may see me tweet with #witeam and #wicrew. Think: Varsity and JV squads. I could not be more excited about the potential and skills these folks bring to our organization.
32. We truly are a team. This blog post from Molly, expressing her gratitude about life, displays an important truth. We are a team. Her post references “our clients.” I am so blessed that we are in this together, especially at the end a busy launch week when everyone worked hard on behalf of our clients.
33. Brownies. See Molly’ post. I got some too. Wow — delicious!
34. Toes, green to match the book cover. All summer, I longed for a pedicure. I’m not really a manicure girl. With three kids, I wash enough dishes to ruin a manicure in minutes. But all summer, I’ve dream of a pedicure and today, I finally got one!
35. Long term friendships. I’ve moved around a lot in my life, and I’ve missed the chance for life long friendships that people who stay in one place all their lives seem to have. I’m especially grateful this week for Angie, who works with me on the Weaving Influence team. She is everything I’m not, and her strengths compensate for my shortcomings. More than that, she’s been my friend for a long time — we met when our 2nd daughters (we each have three) were babies, nearly 8 years ago. She’s the best.
36. Matt, the barista at the Starbucks I frequent. Lately, I’m stopping at Starbucks often enough that Matt knows I like dark roast, with a shot of vanilla. He’s got it ready for me when I get to the counter.
37. An amazing network of bloggers and influencers (Team Buzz Builder and beyond.) I’m thankful for everyone who sent tweets, hosted blog posts, and wrote reviews in support of the launch of Help Them Grow or Watch Them Go. I’m so honored by your friendship and support. What a week! You make a difference!
Tell me something! What are you thankful for this week?