Do you have an image of people working from home offices, wearing their pajamas all day?
I don’t usually meet that stereotype, but today I do. And can I tell you? It’s fun.
My daughters have a school holiday today and two of my three daughters are still wearing their pajamas, too. It’s 1:30 pm.
I am thankful for that!
I am also thankful for:
69. Clients as partners. I had an amazing conversation today with a client who is truly interested in my success, both with his project and in general. What a gift. I am beyond blessed with wonderful, collaborative relationships with all of our clients.
70. Painful lessons. I’ve had some painful lessons to learn lately. I realize that the only way to grow is through these hard times. And so I am thankful.
71. Dark chocolate surprises. My husband is really good at gifts. Earlier this week, he brought me some dark chocolate. Then another night, he brought home my favorite ice cream.
72. Books. I am really enjoying Chris Brogan and Julien Smith’s new book, The Impact Equation, and I am excited to dig into two titles by Karen Martin, including The Outstanding Organization, which arrived in the mail yesterday. I also just received 1o copies of the Lead Change Group book, The Character-Based Leader yesterday. Would you like a copy of The Character-Based Leader? If so, be the first to comment here requesting a copy, and I’ll send one along.
73. Running. I missed a month or more of running, with a thousand excuses of why I was too busy to run. But I am really much happier, more energetic, more settled, more creative, and generally a better person when I run. A few days ago, a friend dared me to start again, even if only one mile a day. I’ve run twice and plan to run again as soon as I publish this post. After that, I’ll take a shower, and finally get dressed for the day.
Tell me something! What are you thankful for today? Do you ever work in your pajamas?
I am the founder/CEO of the Weaving Influence team, the author of Reach: Creating the Biggest Possible Audience for Your Message, Book, or Cause, and the host of the Book Marketing Action Podcast. I’m a wife and mom of three kids, and I enjoy running, reading, writing, coffee, and dark chocolate.
I Thankful for:
I have a job and I can work also in Pajama.
Always a treat to read your views on the world – they always seem a little sideways to way I think and always lot more refreshing than the way I feel.
I often do my day’s work in my pj’s – the luxury of being able to work from home on things that can be done without face-to-face and a videocam mounted high to get head shots only.
Not sure I could compile a list of “thankful fors” as long as yours – that would be a bit greedy. Guess I would start with 1. Health and somewhere a little down the list but before 10. Being able to build friendships by social media.
Would love a copy of The Character-Based Leader
Take care and love those girls
I’m thankful that I work for a woman who takes time to be thankful for the big and the small stuff.
Love your posts – and while I would love a copy of the Character Based Leader – too late! I already have it and have read it. I love the collaborative nature of the book and how every chapter is a different style and topic, but with wisdom and encouragement for doing life the right way.
I’m thankful for milk chocolate. Less thankful for painful lessons. Thankful for your re-tweets. Thankful that I can read. Like you, haven’t run for 1.5 months and less thankful for my lack of discipline. Great posts Becky.