Click here to listen on your device and subscribe!
Welcome to The Book Marketing Action Podcast with Becky Robinson! Becky is the founder and CEO of Weaving Influence, a digital marketing agency that specializes in marketing books and connecting leadership and business professionals with ever-growing networks.
There are 4 phases of your book marketing journey. In today’s episode, Becky talks in depth about the building phase. The 4 phases are:
- Building (6 months prior to launching)
- Working (4 months prior to launching)
- Launching (week of your publication date)
- Advancing (1-month and beyond post-launch)
There are 3 priorities in the building phase.
- Build content related to your book on your social media platforms.
- Build connections on social media.
- Build contacts through a permission-based email list.
If you are currently in the building phase of marketing your book, ask yourself: “Am I doing a good job at balancing the writing priority to finish my book with the marketing priority of building a platform?”
If you answered yes, congratulations!
If not, your next step is to think about what sustainable marketing approaches you can implement when you finish writing your book.
Think about the three priorities of the building phase. What one or two activities can you do this week to help you build in those three areas?