Click here to listen on your device and subscribe!
Welcome to The Book Marketing Action Podcast with Becky Robinson! In today’s episode, Becky discusses launch teams in depth—what they are, and why they are important. Here are a few things to think about when you form a launch team:
- Make it easy for people to participate. One example: provide ready-made social media content for people to share.
- Be specific about the ways you ask people to help. For example: “On X date, I would like you to post X content on X social channel.”
- Provide an advanced copy of your book to launch team participants. Ask them to read the book and leave an Amazon review by the date of your launch week.
- If someone you know has an email list they regularly send emails to, ask if they will mention your book.
- If someone you know has a podcast, ask if they will mention your book or invite you on as a guest.
- If someone you know has a blog, ask if they will mention your book in a blog post.
- Have your team share your book in whatever way makes the most sense for them.
- Don’t neglect to dream big!
Remember, it’s important to think of building your launch team as an invitation for others to participate rather than a burden or a favor.
Action steps for today’s episode:
- Take 5 minutes to write down ideas from this podcast to implement.
- Begin to write down names and emails of people you want to invite to join your launch team.
I encourage you to complete one of these action steps today and if you do, let us know below or email Becky Robinson here.
Click here to tweet about this episode!
I am the founder/CEO of the Weaving Influence team, the author of Reach: Creating the Biggest Possible Audience for Your Message, Book, or Cause, and the host of the Book Marketing Action Podcast. I’m a wife and mom of three kids, and I enjoy running, reading, writing, coffee, and dark chocolate.