Click here to listen on your device and subscribe!
Welcome to The Book Marketing Action Podcast with Becky Robinson! There are four phases of your book marketing journey. In today’s episode, Becky talks in-depth about the launching phase.
The four phases are:
- Building (6 months prior to launching)
- Working (4 months prior to launching)
- Launching (week of your publication date)
- Advancing (1 month and beyond post-launch)
Your book launch is exceedingly important and exciting. The day you launch your first book is a day you will never forget. But don’t put too much pressure on this day. Your book launch is the beginning of a journey.
One of the reasons a book launch is so important is because it’s the beginning of the momentum you want to create for your book. You only have one chance that first week at the momentum you can gather. A few things that are important for the first week your book is released:
- It’s important to get early Amazon reviews for social proof.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help during launch week. Ask for help!
→ Ask people to buy your book.
→ Ask people to share your book on social or their networks.
→ Ask people to review your book.
→ Ask people to join the celebration of your book launch.
- Take a moment and celebrate your book launch!
Today’s actions you can take as you plan your launch:
- Make a list of those “asks” you can make.
- Make a list of the people you can ask.
- Set aside a date and time you can celebrate your book launch.
- Remind yourself at least once a day that “this is only the beginning of your book marketing journey.”
We hope these actions are helpful and that you implement them. Let us know below what launch action steps you will take today or email Becky Robinson here.
In today’s episode, we mention Lisa Fain and Lois Zachary. Check out their new book that recently launched, Bridging Differences for Better Mentoring: Lean Forward, Learn, Leverage.