Photo by tashatuvango / 123rf.com
Click here to listen on your device and subscribe!
Welcome to Season 2 of The Book Marketing Action Podcast with Becky Robinson, where we give you information that you can immediately implement to increase your influence and market your books more successfully. In this episode, we are joined by Liz Charlotte Grant—Author and contributing editor at The Curator Magazine.
We are so happy to be recording another episode with the amazing Liz Charlotte Grant. She’s back by popular demand because her episode that we recorded about how to grow a following on Instagram is among our most listened to podcasts. In this episode, we are thrilled to talk with Liz about branding for authors.
Key Points From This Episode:
[01:46] What is author branding? Liz shares her definition.
[03:00] Liz shares why it is so important for an author to understand branding.
[04:20] We hear about Liz’s brand and what she’s seeking to share through her author brand.
[06:05] Liz shares some authors who she believes have memorable brands.
[12:31] Liz shares her advice for someone who’s just starting out with building an author brand.
[13:25] For an author who may be a little farther along on their branding journey, Liz shares ways you can drill down and be even more effective in sharing your brand.
[17:00] There’s no wrong way to create your brand.
- Download Liz’s free branding resource. What do people think when they hear your name? If you are just starting out with your author brand, Liz recommends looking at the resource that she created that will help you really think through who you want to be through your online presence.
- Seek help from a graphic designer. If you are an author who’s a little bit farther along in your journey, the recommendation is to seek out professional assistance from a graphic designer who can really help you bring your brand to life through the visual look and feel of your brand.
- Learn more about Liz and the work she does in the world.
- Connect with Liz on Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
- Subscribe to Liz’s newsletter, The Empathy List.
- Liz’s FREE branding worksheet helps authors create a personal brand they can be proud of. Download here.
- Listen to Episode 43, How to grow a following on Instagram, here.
- Memorable authors liz mentions: David Sedaris, Cheryl Strayed, R.L. Stine, IBRAM X. KENDI, and Dav Pilkey.
Tweetables and quotes:
I think the reality is that brands can really help us stand out in our category as an author. And it’s really about what is unique about you. – Liz Charlotte Grant
The reality is you have a brand, whether you have honed it or not. – Liz Charlotte Grant
Your audience attracts new folks, builds greater attachment, and then communicates that professionalism within publishing. – Liz Charlotte Grant
In all aspects of my branding, my goal is to be open and honest and warm. – Liz Charlotte Grant
There’s no wrong way to do a brand. – Liz Charlotte Grant
If you found value in today’s episode, we hope you’ll take a moment to share it with someone else who might benefit from it. If you have any questions or topics you’d like us to cover, please email Becky Robinson here.
Click here for our free resources.
If you enjoyed this episode, please leave us a review.
I am the founder/CEO of the Weaving Influence team, the author of Reach: Creating the Biggest Possible Audience for Your Message, Book, or Cause, and the host of the Book Marketing Action Podcast. I’m a wife and mom of three kids, and I enjoy running, reading, writing, coffee, and dark chocolate.