The internet is full of information – some of it helpful, and some of it a complete waste of time. This week, we’re sharing a few of the links that have been helpful or interesting to various members of the Weaving Influence team. Some of them contain information that will help you on social media, others are simply good links from clients and friends, but all are worth clicking through and reading.
Social Media Help
- Twitter Help: This one comes from Becky Robinson via Charlotte Ashlock (thanks, Charlotte!). If you’ve ever wondered how to help people get the most out of Twitter, then this is one article you will want to bookmark. Great resource on how to use the search function of Twitter, as well as ideas on how to break outside of your following to boost engagement.
- Social Media Sizes: If you’ve ever wondered what size a profile picture is supposed to be, or scratched your head over a Facebook cover image, then you will want to pin/save/download this image for future reference. One thing to note: created a year ago, the size of the Google+ cover image has changed, but everything else should be the same.
- Group Coaching Opportunity: Want to ramp up your online presence, but can’t afford to hire a social media team? Becky is offering something that could help you in 2014. Starting on January 28th, she’ll be running a six month group coaching course for a maximum of 10 people. Over the next few months, you’ll get training, encouragement, and tips on how to be more efficient and effective with your online time.
New Years Resolutions
This is the time of year when everyone is talking about what they want to change in the new year. If you’d like to think about your goals and resolutions a little differently, then I recommend reading these three posts for inspiration.
- Deb Mills-Scofield – New Years is an Artificial Constraint (loved this post on Switch & Shift)
- Susan Mazza – Make Room for Your Dreams (exactly what I’ve been thinking in 2014, so this one rang true for me)
- Don Maruska & Jay Perry – 7 New Year’s Resolutions for Career Success in 2014 (because professional goals are important)
You Tell Me! What great links have you found? Please share them with us!
Carrie Koens joined the Weaving Influence team in May 2012 and has held a number of roles, including three years as the Book Launch Director (a title she stepped away from in June 2016 in order to focus on the needs of her growing family), and she currently serves the team as a Writer and Consultant. An INTJ with a penchant for culture, book stores, Parisian cafés, Indian curry, British mystery shows, and her passport, you can find her on Twitter @CGKoens.