We work hard to hit social media goals and milestones — hitting big numbers of fans and followers on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram. The numbers alone don’t mean that much, but they represent something pretty special — community, connection, interaction, and dedicated work writing and creating meaningful content.
We at Weaving Influence believe in celebrating milestones. It’s important to take a few moments to recognize hitting goals and watching your work make a difference for others. Plus, we love any excuse for a celebration!
If you would like to celebrate social media milestones and you’re not sure how, here are 10 ideas to get you started.
- Take a screenshot. You want to remember that moment! You can keep the photo for yourself or share your win with people who celebrate you.
- Write a blog post. Share it with the community that made the milestone possible. Write a blog post thanking them for co-creating community with you.
- Share on social media. What better way to mark your social milestones than a post/tweet about them? Your community wants to celebrate with you, too!
- Give away something special. Your social followers helped you hit those milestones, give them some love. Create a new header image with follower icons, giveaway your book, or get creative with something else to give them as a big, tangible ‘thank you.’
- Raise a glass. I’m addicted to Diet Coke. I might raise one in celebration, or a glass of wine. Whatever your favorite beverage, grab one and toast hitting those numbers.
- Eat cake. No explanation needed. Nothing says celebration like cake!
- Make a donation. Use your cause to celebrate as a cause to give to others. Invite your social community to join in. Facebook makes it easy!
- Take a break. Use your milestone as a chance to take a break, regroup, and think about what’s next.
- Say thank you. Take a moment to write a note (handwritten) to someone who has helped you get to where you are.
- Create your own celebration. Have a party. Make a special dinner. Buy balloons. Invite your followers to a Facebook live celebration. Do whatever makes you happy.
Bonus idea:Help someone else be successful. To celebrate what you’ve learned and how you’ve grown, find someone who needs encouragement and do what you can to help them along.
Let us know how you plan to celebrate your next social milestone!
Christy Kirk, Vice President of Client Services, is a social media strategist, writer, and former television journalist, who’s done everything from launch a news department to create social content and strategy for Fortune 500 companies and brands including Pampers Diapers, Pantene, Luvs Diapers and Carlson Rezidor Hotels. Now, Christy manages marketing projects for Weaving Influence, with an emphasis on social media marketing. She is also a wife and mother of three children, one dog, and one cat. She loves reading, baking, running, hiking and exploring new places.